Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 4: Natural Light

Man. I was so excited for this week! I ended up not being able to take any pictures until today, and the day just seemed to fill right up with distractions. So, here we go, and I'll for sure take TONS of photos this next weekend while I'm in Utah with ample locations and subjects.

Natural Reflector: Light tan stucco

Photobucket

ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 1/1328
f/5.6
(I didn't even know I could have such a random shutter speed.)


Back Lighting

Photobucket

ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 1/250
f/4


Silhouette

Photobucket

ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 1/3200
f/4
I forgot to close my aperture down for the sunburst in this shot, but it's still pretty cool.


Zach has a test tomorrow, and he couldn't spare much time for being my model. So, when the light was where I really wanted it, I had to be a little creative in finding a subject. Luckily, my camera's screen flips around so I could see myself to compose the shot. I was even able to meter using this screen. Sweet. It only got a little weird when I noticed the neighbors standing on their porch watching me.

For this front-lit shot, I really couldn't get away from the fence, and thus have a nice line down my face. Oh the joys of a big city with no open spaces. :)

Front Lighting

Photobucket

ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 1/64
f/5.6


I really want to know why the light is so much warmer in the above shot than it is in the below shot. I was in the same spot, just turned a different direction. I even took some side-lit shots facing the opposite direction that turned out really warm. My hair looked so red! So what's the dif?

Side Lighting

Photobucket

ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 1/40
f/4



Just for fun, I wanted to try placing Zach next to this red surface to see what kind of color cast we could get.

Photobucket

ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 1/1250
f/4


Also, here are the shots from last week that Sarah wanted to see in black and white.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I liked the back lit shot of Zach the most and you are so clever to take the self portrait pics! With the neighbours keeping an eye on you, you'll be the talk of the town now!

    ReplyDelete